»

Monday, July 20, 2009

My Friend "Other Friend's"

I had a lot of friends in High School. Some of which I talked to when I graduated and only 1 has stuck with me til this day.

I value friendship very deeply. I have always believed I should have trust, honest and loyalty in that person and she should be able to gain that from me.

For about a year now, I have been noticing my friend going out with her “other friends”. It didn’t really seem to bother me until I realized she never invited me to hang out with her “other friends”. When her and I hung out, it was just she and I and we would go to the bar, out to eat or just hang out at her house. No one else. Nothing big. Just her and I. Which I didn’t mind because we always had a great time together. No drama. Just great alcohol and laughter.

There are so many Social Networks out there today and I was just browsing and found her Twitter site (No, I am not one of those internet stalker chicks that reads people I know Blogs and what-have-you lol) and noticed her saying things that she is going out with old friends, going out to eat and how she had fun doing this and that…and I am thinking, “Why wasn’t I invited? I wasn’t doing anything that night!” I wasn’t mad, I wasn’t annoyed but it did make me a little sad. I just didn’t quite understand why she wasn’t inviting me to all these different events she was going to. I can understand if I was busy, but she never even asked! Maybe she thinks I don’t fit with her “other friends” and she is just trying to hide me…I have no clue. I don’t think I will bring this up with her. I think it will just embarrass me, because maybe I am thinking way too much into it. I don’t want to the whiney girl crying because she doesn’t get invited anywhere. It’s not like that at all.

But, I think it will always be in the back of my mind.

Have you guys ever had this situation happen to you? Different friend clicks even though you are pretty good friends with this person that doesn’t invite you anywhere?

0 comments:

Post a Comment