»

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Real Love


You know, the right guy won’t get you to change. He won’t subtly pressure you. He won’t tell you who you can and can’t talk to. he won’t hide the fact that you’re hanging out. He’s not gonna tell you you’re wrong for feeling; for being a girl. The right guy will show you off to his friends. He’ll take it as slow as you want. He’ll only go as far as you’re comfortable with. He’ll take you out to places, even if it’s just a fast food place or the store. He’ll actually sit through your stupid girly disney movies with you because he just wants to be with you. The right guy will come along someday, you just gotta tough it out and wait for him. But whatever you do, don’t settle for the wrong guy. You deserve so much more.



What do you want me to say? Yes, you’re right. We’re just one big walking disaster and yeah, my life would probably be a whole lot easier if I just walked out that door right now - I know that. But the thing is, I already know that nothing on the other side of that door could ever come close to making me as happy as I am when I’m with you. That’s why I’m here, because I love you. No matter how things get, no matter what shit life throws at us, there’s no where else I’d rather be. I want to spend the rest of my life right here. With you.






And I don’t know what love is but when I’m with you, I feel like the safest person in the world. I forget about everything else, nothing else matters. It’s about the here and now and when you leave, it’s a waiting game because all I want is the next day I get to see you and that’s the reason I keep on going every day. So if this isn’t love, it should be, because it’s the best thing in the world.

I don’t mind when our conversations get a little boring. I don’t mind when we’re texting and we run out of things to say. When we’re hanging out together but not doing anything, well I don’t mind that either. It doesn’t matter to me because I finally realized that when you’re truly in love, every moment spent together doesn’t have to be breath-taking, that you’ll still feel like the luckiest person alive even through the most unexciting times, and you will feel completely comfortable together because you know that just having each other is more than enough.

I keep thinking of how much I love talking to you, how good you look when you smile, how much I love your laugh. I day dream about you off and on, replaying our conversations, laughing at funny things you said or did. I’ve memorized your face and the way that you look at me. I catch myself smiling again at what I imagined. I wonder what will happen the next time we’re together. And even though neither of us know what the future holds, I know one thing for sure, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.