»

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

And The Drama Continues ...

So my mother decides she doesn’t want to drop “the boyfriend” issue.

She is still not giving up on try and getting me to stay home for the holiday. A couple days after the first half of the drama, I woke up and started getting myself together for work. She begins talking about how she doesn’t like the fact that I am going to Chicago and I need to stay home with my family for Christmas. I told her I spent the holiday with them last night and I would really like to spend with my boyfriend.

She then went on and told me I need to get some self respect. I couldn’t believe it. She then went on about how I can be with someone that would treat me this way and that she doesn’t want to bury a daughter. I then got loud and said he doesn’t do anything to mistreat me. We had one small argument she heard and how everyone argues. She then told me not to yell. So I said forget it. I let her say what she had to say, even though none of it was true. I guess it was making her feel better to say it.

Later that night, I went to one of my sisters and told her what she said and that I was very hurt that she told me I needed self respect (I actually got in my car on the way to work and cried). She then said maybe I should just let them meet him and see how a great guy he is and she wouldn’t think the way she does. I actually was FINALLY going to let everyone meet him sometime soon (Yeah, 3yrs is a long time to go) but got so pissed I just said forget it! But maybe she is right. Maybe I will let them meet him cause one thing that will get me straight fighting is to diss my man!

I will let you guys know how that goes!






P.S. I want to give a shout out to my gurl Carly! She is my #1 Blogger Fan!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment