»

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Love TV...But NOT Him

Many people that know me will know that I love watching Reality TV…from The Real World…all the way to Bret Michaels; Rock of Love. It is very entertaining and I love laughing at ignorant people and then having a full-blown discussion about it with my co-workers, friends and family.







I have finally come across a show I can’t stand. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach and just angry…and no I am not talking about New York Goes To Work. I can’t stand to watch Gotti’s Way.







If some of you have never seen the show, its about Irv Gotti as he tried to reclaim his hip-hop throne. He was the head a Murder Inc. Records. But in 2003, he faced indictment for laundering drug money. He now has a new record deal and on the verge of getting back into the music.







But like I was saying, I used to feel sorry for his wife...ex-wife...girlfriend...who ever she is. Now I don't. This man is a great father...I give him that...but if someone comes to me and tells me he is not going to stop cheating and doesn't want to be married anymore because of this...now that's wrong. She needs to leave him. I don't care IF he is paying the mortgage. How bout you stack some money, take your kids and leave? I know its easier said than done, but she has been dealing with his shit for years and have been separated for 7. When is enough...enough?







I was just talking to a friend of mine and was telling her my grief with the show and she told me, "She does need to leave him but he keeps it real. A lot of men will cheat on you and not say anything. He keep it 100 with her and that's why I like it". I was very shocked by her saying that. I won't and will never accept men using women just because "he lets her know about himself fucking around". Does that make it right and a cue for her to stay in a loveless relationship? It's not right. He's a hoe and a bitch. He isn't a real man and maybe one day he will come back to reality and realize his wife was the best thing that ever happened to him.







But she is in the wrong too because she is playing mind games with him. Both of them are playing mind games with each other - and need to admit the marriage is over. Irv wants to have his cake and eat it, too. I don't care how good a father he is- doing their mother dirty is not being a good father to them, even if she rolls over and accepts it. And Deb is cutting off her nose to spite her face. A part of me thinks she stays with him to punish him for the cheating, but she's hurting herself just as much, if not more. But I think in her warped mind, leaving him is letting him off easy. She wants the distinct pleasure of making him miserable.







The Gotti family's dysfunctional relationship adds some drama to us TYV viwers, but it isn't really that fun to watch, especially when Irv and Deb discuss their problems in front of their kids. Gotti's Way is an obvious attempt to restore Gotti's professional and personal reputation. It may appeal to hip-hop fans, the mixed messages it sends about family relationships doesn't make it an overly positive viewing choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment